Sunday 15 January 2017

India 1: hitting a ton on Route 66

  
How better to mark the 100th post in the boyzbigbiketours blog than to record yet another epic ride, perhaps THE best known and most challenging motorbike journey in the world: Route 66. Yes, dear reader, this morning I was up before the sun and knocked off Route 66 before breakfast. 

I don’t quite know what all the fuss is about. I mean it was a very nice road and particularly scenic where it ran between the sea and the lakes. 

But, nice though it was, I’m sure any one of my reader could think of a dozen roads in Europe that are more exciting.







Nevertheless it was good to have one’s efforts recognised and I appreciated how much effort the locals put into decorating the streets and generally welcoming me. 





Two small criticisms if I may. The road surface isn’t all it’s cracked up to be…


And I wonder if they need to think a bit more about building up their sea defences…


Onward to the next greasy spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment