Wednesday 4 September 2013

Day 18. Some of Charlie's iPhoneography

I do wish he wouldn't do this!
While I am concentrating in the tunnels,
Charlie is steering with one hand and is taking photos with the other. 


No, this doesn't look remotely like it did when we lost Charlie.
It's the same junction but in benign weather.

This is the landslide that swept away the road in the Dolomites.
Were there trees to hold back the mud originally?

God's own country.
Trouble is, I can't remember where it was!
Think Austria/Italy and you won't be far wrong.


Dad riding off into Shangi-la...

Great composition!
Almost certainly Switzerland.

Just before we hit the Oberalp Pass we were up there in the summer snowfields.
In the distance you can see a glacier.
In Andermatt, they are literally wrapping up part of their glaciers
during the summer in order to slow their rate of melt. 

Who needs the Grand Canyon when you've got this stuff?

A pretty bike  picture.
Isn't Instagram clever?

This is Charlie's half-Russian cousin, Katia, who showed remarkably
good taste when choosing which bike to pose on....

Completely out of order, this is one of the many dragons that
we saw in Metz, on the way through Germany.
Not really sure what they meant...

And last, but not least, a giant caterpillar!
As I hurtled down a long series of hairpin bends in, was it?,  the Hautes Alpes
I suddenly saw Charlie standing in the road. 'Oh thank heavens, ' I said to myself,
'He's obviously come off his bike again but is ok.'
As I turned the corner slowly, expecting to see a badly damaged Yamaha,
Charlie was pointing to a blob on the road, indicating that I should steer clear.
It was this caterpillar that, somehow, he had managed to spot, avoid, dismount, photograph and flag me down before I even turned up - I was that far behind him!

No comments:

Post a Comment