Wednesday 7 May 2014

Peanut butter toast Tuesday

Tuesday morning bright and very early sees me grumpily breaking camp in order to jump on the ferry as it passes on its way to Orcas Island, the largest of the SJ group in order to find health, wealth and happiness, or at least somewhere dry to lay my head for tonight. Orcas is more humpback than killer in topography but still has a largish mountain in its centre that I hope to ascend tomorrow when the long-promised sun appears. Until then I have followed Luke's advice and booked myself into the Doe Bay Resort. Check it out on the web. Smart eh?

That's what I call a welcome

Well, let's be generous and put it down to the time of year that it hasn't really got going yet. They're probably waiting for Thomas Jefferson Day or Peanut Butter Toast Tuesday or whatever bizarre festival they have (I've just been told it's a three-day weekend next weekend and that the schools break up around the end of May). So it feels a bit like the old Pink Palace again in that I'm virtually the only guest and they don't really know what to do with me. Ah well, there are worse fates that being ignored. 

In the meantime, here's some snaps:


Thanks Norm


I had some flack about my tent-erecting skills so this is just to show that I'm improving!


The view from my campsite on Lopez Island, mit ferry vergoing.

1 comment:

  1. Love the scenery, it looks beautiful if a tad cool. That clear light makes me feel chilly. Hope you packed your bedsocks.x

    ReplyDelete